Sunday, January 24, 2010

Snow and Other Great Stuff

The lake-effect snowfall has started again and I've waited for it a bit impatiently I must add. We haven't had snow for a bit and we need it; we're not even up to 24"yet. So far for the season we've had some outrageous number...77" maybe? Not nearly enough and ridiculously short of last year and the 330" mark.As I sit by the kitchen window with a cup of coffee, watching my bird feeders, I hear snowmobiles firing up all over the camp. It's a busy weekend here. Some of my favorite guests were here over the last week: The Santoro group from Chicago , Sigler group from mid-Ohio and the Bayer's from Toledo, Ohio area. I'm so lucky to have connected with all these folks---their arrival is like a gift. The Bayer's were here last year with their long-haired dachshunds (I love them all) and are just the nicest folks. Santoro's are a group of guys that are just always fun to be around; likable and goofy and sweet. The Sigler group (pictured above) are gentlemen that are like family to me; we get along like carrots and peas!
We also have The Gross family with their positively enchanting Golden: Charlie. Charlie and I bonded over a home-smoked soup bone. The Gross' were a wonderful family to have at camp; sweet people and my newest furry friend.Our own dogs enjoyed a romp around the camp with me yesterday while I delivered supplies to various cabins.
The next couple of weeks will bring more guests that I love: Mark and Nancy from Iowa, the Dion group, the Christian family....this is truly the best time of year!